Just in case you missed it, Blizzard announced the new World Of Warcraft expansion at Gamescom today. Check out this recap of the announcement.
Now, this is a lot to process at once and we won’t be going in detail about every new announced feature of the expansion, but I will try my best to find the core points and let you guys know where you can find out more!
Alright, let’s do this!
- Level Cap Raised to 110
- New continent “The Broken Isles”: Was a Night Elf civilisation, the entire region is said to be a graveyard of some sorts now. Map:
- Before the launch of “Legion”, we will be fighting Gul’Dan
- Artifacts: Addition of different Artifact weapons, such as Ashbringer, in different forms and colors. The Artifact weapons will also feature something like their own talent trees to upgrade them. Every spec will have their own Artifact weapon and you will be seeking them out in different locations!
- NEW HERO CLASS: Demon Hunters – “Legion” will introduce a new hero class, the Demon Hunters. Just like the Death Knights, they will start at a higher level and have their own unique starting experience. The Demon Hunters will be awoken in order to fight a huge demonic army. Demon Hunters will get two specs, one DPS (Havok) and a tank spec (Vengeance). They will feature some sort of evolution, which is going to make them look more demonic. Demon Hunter abilities can generate Fury, which then can be used for other abilities. Some revealed abilities include: Spectral Sight (See enemies through walls), Double Jump. The Demon Hunter will be customizeable mostly through Horns, Tattoos, different colored skins and eye covering.
- Class Orders: While the Horde and Alliance will be fighting, classes will be able to join forces through Class Orders such as the Silver Hand for paladins. This seems to be a continuation of the Garrisons, but class limited. You will be able to raise small groups to aid you, in halls and locations that are thematically appropriate and fitting to the class.
- New Dungeons and Raids: Blizzard announced a couple of dungeons and raids, including Halls Of Valor, Black Rook Hold, Vault of the Wardens, Eye of Azshara, Darkheart Thicket, Neltharion’s Lair, Helheim, Violet Hold (2.0), The Emerald Nightmare (We will finally see the Emerald Dream!) and more!
- Reworked Honor System: Gear will be less important, PVP Talent system to balance PvP more
- Further information: Dalaran will be the main hub; biggest demonic invasion in the history of WoW; Beta to begin later this year
For more information, head to http://www.battle.net/wow/legion/